Flowers Put on a Show
Posted by Naples Contributor on March 26, 2010 11:30 AM.
Whether you are an aspiring or master gardener, lover of flowers or appreciative of some greenery here and there, you’ll enjoy yourself at the 57th Annual Naples Flower Show.
Presented by Naples Garden Club and Naples Botanical Garden, this event is one of the Garden’s largest annual events. This year guests will have the chance to enjoy live music by Barefoot Gino and Joseph Peuska in the newly expanded Gardens as well as see art exhibits in the Kapnick Auditorium and peruse vendors and stunning floral arrangements in the Mosaic or “Old Garden” near the administration building.
Some tips for the show:
- Wear comfortable shoes – Between the 2.5 miles of walking trails in the Garden and spread out components of the Flower Show, you’ll want to have the appropriate footwear on.
- Bring your camera – Between the floral arrangements, art exhibits, and wide variety of landscapes and plants in the Garden you’ll want to take pictures at some point.
- Take a program – Check out the locations of what you’re looking for and schedule of various entertainment and demonstrations so you don’t miss anything
- Look before you shop – Go see the exhibits in the Kapnick Auditorium and the Flower Show floral arrangements before you buy things, since you’ll want to take your time and not be weighed down with bags.
- Grab a bite to eat – Take a break and grab a bite to eat at the CaterMasters tent where they’ll be selling tasty snacks and lunches between 11am and 2pm.