New Activities at the Garden for Father's Day
Posted by Naples Contributor on June 18, 2010 2:00 PM.
Summer has begun (officially on the 21st), graduation parties are in full swing, and families get to enjoy time together on vacations and getaways this month now that school is out.
In addition to all of the sun-soaked beach days and relaxing hammock swings, June also gives us a certain day to show some extra love to our Dads!
On Sunday, June 20th Naples Botanical Gardens is hosting a Father’s Day Celebration that is going to be packed with awesome things for you and your dad to do! The Garden welcomes any male adult (aka Dads) for free and provides a range of activities (most of which are new to the Garden) from 9am to 12pm, including:
- Catch & Release Fishing (9am-5pm) – Be one of the first to fish in the lakes at the Garden.
- Fly Casting Demo (9:30am, 10:30am, 11:30am) – Learn fly fishing tips from an expert.
- Closest to the Pin (9am-12pm) – Win a prize by hitting your golf ball closest to the pin!
- Remote Control Boats (9am-12pm) – Take a turn driving one of a motorized boats around the Brazil pond.
- Uplands “Survivor” Tour (10am, 11am) – Learn survival skills in the scrub with Chad Washburn.
All of this to show our Dads how much we really care. So join us for this fun event. We'll also be posting any submitted pictures from the fishing to our Facebook page next week!