Mapping our Mobile Future with Our First Mobile App Launch!
Posted by Dominique Mitchell on February 3, 2012 1:05 PM.
On Wednesday, February 1st the Garden launched a kick-off party for a group of community members to learn about our new mobile app and website. In addition to learning about our Live Map integration into the free Mobile App, guests were even able to view their mobile posts go LIVE on our site!
Garden staff mingled with guests and showed some of the great features in our mobile app including:
- Post your pictures & comments as you walk through the Garden
- Share your pictures & comments LIVE on our website
- Watch videos from the Garden staff
- Read more about each garden area and learn as you go
- Stay updated on upcoming Garden events
In addition, to using the app guests were able to munch on delicious appetizers by Tastebuds Custom Catering, including Jamaican Jerk Shrimp Kebabs, Hummus Rounds and a Deconstructed Egg Rolls.
Visual vignettes such as food covered table and a tropical fruit display by Garden staff member, Taylor Walker, provided great opportunities for guests to take pictures and share on the new Mobile App and social networks.
So as to provide attendees with the opportunities to use the mobile app in a variety of situations, the Garden provided a series of exclusive garden experiences and prizes that were raffled off that evening:
· 2 Tickets to 2012 Garden Party: Open Celebration to ZimSculpt
· 2 Family Four Packs of Admission Passes to upcoming Tribute Band Concerts
· Cultivated Garden Tour for two with Executive Director, Brian Holley
· Behind the Scenes Garden Tour for two
· Potted “Plant of the Year” Pink Muhly Grass
· Potted Plumeria from the Garden’s national plumeria collection
· Hand-painted Garden Gnome
All Mobile Ambassador Party attendees were encouraged to go out and share information with our app as well as provide feedback. We are looking forward to some exciting activities that we will be announcing to the public soon as part of our public launch and education campaign.
The Garden would like to extend a warm thank you to the Community Foundation for their support of our Mobile Application education campaign.
To learn more about the Garden’s mobile app visit www.naplesgarden.org