The Midweek Gets a Boost at Naples Botanical Garden with Weekly Events
NAPLES, FL - January 24, 2011 - Beginning February 2, 2011 through April 27 2011, Naples Botanical Garden will be host to a variety of weekly activities as a part of their Wednesday Night Out event series including live musical performances, movie showings, tastings and even yoga, sponsored by Fifth Third Bank. The Landsharks kickoff the series 6:00-9:00 p.m. with a live performance on the Water Garden stage and a BBQ and beer tasting by Texas Tony’s, sponsored by Pinchers Crab Shack. Admission to Wednesday Night Out events is $12.95 for adults and $7.95 for children (ages 4-14). Kids ages three and under and Garden Members are free.
Wednesdays have traditionally been an overlooked evening by visitors and residents around town and we wanted to host a series that would draw groups, couples and families out to enjoy their midweek,” said Brian Holley, executive director at Naples Botanical Garden. “Thanks to the input from our visitors, we’ve put together an exciting schedule of entertainment that will be an ideal night out. Wednesday Night Schedule (weekly 6:00-9:00 p.m.):
- Feb. 2 – The Landsharks Performance and Beer/BBQ Tasting by Texas Tony’s
- Feb. 9 – Movie Showing: Little Shop of Horrors
- Feb. 16 – James Steve Farnsworth and Paradise Brass Quintet Performances and Wine Tasting by Artichoke & Co.
- Feb. 23 – Beer Tasting by Decanted
- March 2 – The Laws Performance and Wine Tasting by Artichoke & Co.
- March 9 – Movie Showing: Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
- March 16 – Partner Yoga with Shanti Shanbon and Tasting
- March 23 – Movie Showing: Bee Movie
- March 30 – John Friday Performance and Beer Tasting by Decanted
- April 6 – Frontline Bluegrass Performance and Wine Tasting by Decanted
- April 13 – Wine Tasting by Artichoke & Co.
- April 20 – J. Robert Performance and Wine Tasting by Artichoke & Co.
- April 27 – Partner Yoga with Shanti Shanbon and Tasting
Events are subject to change. Please refer to the online calendar of events for the most up-to-date information.
Wednesday Night events are held outside in the Garden, so proper attire is suggested. Visitors are encouraged to bring their own chairs/blankets for musical performances and movie nights. All events are subject to cancellation/rescheduling due to inclement weather. Visit our website for more information www.naplesgarden.org or call 239.643.7275.
About Naples Botanical Garden
Naples Botanical Garden is a 170-acre world-class garden paradise that features the flora and cultures of the tropics and subtropics between the latitudes of 26 degrees North and 26 degrees South including Brazil, the Caribbean, Southeast Asia and Florida. A hands-on interactive Children’s Garden along with 90 acres of beautifully restored natural habitats, walking trails and a Butterfly Garden offer educational entertainment and enjoyment for people of all ages. Founded in 1993, the Garden re-opened to the public in November 2009 after an extensive expansion. Regular hours of operation are 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. every day.
Visit our website for more information www.naplesgarden.org.