Save the date for the Garden’s first Tropical Fruits of the Summer event!
There will be activities such as mango pruning, proper tree planting, and fruit tastings available in the Garden. Private tours will also be scheduled in the morning for a more in-depth tropical fruit experience. In the afternoon, Dr. Richard Campbell will lecture in Kapnick Hall on his years of mango research and tropical fruit knowledge.
- 9 am & 11 am: Tropical Fruit Tour with Brian Galligan, Director of Horticulture (*Additional cost: $15 Garden Members / $20 Non-Members)
- 9 – 10:30 am: South Grove: Grafting, Pruning, and Tree Planting Demonstrations
- 10 am – 1 pm: Karen and Robert Scott Florida Garden: Tropical Fruit Tasting (*Additional cost: $5 Garden Members / $10 Non-Members)
- 11 – 11:30 am: Karen and Robert Scott Florida Garden: Tropical Fruit Food Demonstration
- 12:30 – 1:15 pm: Kapnick Hall: Lecture to be Announced
- 1:30 – 2:15 pm: Kapnick Hall: Lecture with Dr. Richard Campbell, Chief Science Officer at Ciruli Brothers
- 2:30 – 3 pm: Kapnick Hall: Blindfolded Mango Tasting
This event is included with regular Garden admission.
*Additional fees apply for tropical fruit tastings and tours.
Sponsored in part by the State of Florida, Department of State, Division of Cultural Affairs and the Florida Council on Arts and Culture.
Special thanks to the Collier Fruit Growers!