February 18 – 20, 2022
Ikebana, the meditative art of flower arrangement, is rooted in traditional philosophy and ancient Japanese folklore that dates back hundreds of years. Nowadays, traditional Ikebana has developed into modern interpretation that enhances our living space with a personal touch of nature.
Naples Ikebana International #160, the local chapter of Ikebana supporters, experts, and enthusiasts, hosts this exhibit. This year’s theme is “The Joy of Reconnecting” and the exhibition will feature designs in the schools of Ikenobo, Sogetsu, Sensho Ikenobo, and Ohara.
Guests may experience the following each day of the exhibit:
- Artistic Ikebana arrangements in Kapnick Hall
- A unique Sogetsu bamboo sculpture made with bamboo harvested from the Garden
- Ikebana demonstrations on the Performance Lawn
- Ginza-style market where Ikebana materials may be purchased
- There will be a special W.O.N.D.E.R. demonstration at 10:30am-12pm on the Performance Lawn for artists of all ages to show off his or her creativity by designing a flower arrangement inspired by the ancient Japanese art known as Ikebana.
Come and visit our show to experience for yourself the spirit of Ikebana.
Entry to the show, located in Kapnick Hall, is included with general Garden admission.
No tripods will be permitted in Kapnick Hall.
Above: Sogetsu arrangement by Carol Brocklesby