Brush up on your orchid knowledge by attending this lecture by our Associate Director of Horticulture, Nick Ewy. Nick will introduce you to the diverse orchid family, discuss how orchids grow in the wild, and suggest orchids for the Florida landscape and how to care for them. The class will conclude with a tour of the LaGrippe Family Orchid Garden.
- Friday, October 27
- 2 – 4pm, FGCU Kapnick Center Buehler Auditorium at Naples Botanical Garden
- $15 Members / $20 Non-Members
Ever since he was a boy growing up in Ann Arbor, Michigan, Nick Ewy has had an interest in rare and tropical plants. Throughout his childhood, Nick was an avid plant grower, collector, and gardener. Nick started working at a rare plant nursery in high school, and then went on to obtain a degree in botany and plant pathology from Michigan State University. When Nick moved to Florida, he was employed at the American Orchid Society Botanical Garden in Delray Beach and worked as lead horticulturist at the International Polo Club in Wellington, Florida. In July 2013, Nick joined Naples Botanical Garden as Associate Director of Horticulture and enjoys placing epiphytic plants throughout the Garden.
Registration for Lifelong Learning programs can be completed in these ways:
- Register in person at the Chabraja Visitors Center
- For questions or to register by phone call 239.643.7275 during business hours
- Register by email LLL@naplesgarden.org during non-business hours by leaving contact information and the program(s) of interest and someone will return your call within 2 business days
Registration is complete when payment is received. Certain programs fill up quickly and we accept registration on a first come, first served basis. Register early to ensure your program is not cancelled due to low enrollment. If a cancellation is required a refund will be issued.
Sponsored in part by the State of Florida, Department of State, Division of Cultural Affairs and the Florida Council on Arts and Culture.