First Fridays in February, March, and April 2023, 5 – 8 pm; May, 5 – 8:30pm
Celebrate first Fridays with Frida! Bring your friends and family to meander through the Frida and Her Garden exhibition after hours, sip on themed cocktails, and enjoy festive music and dance on select nights.
The Berger Shop in the Garden will be open, and Fogg Café will be open serving a full menu. Be sure to bring a blanket or chair to sit back and relax on the Performance Lawn.
Guests can enjoy:
- Frida-inspired specialty cocktail – Mezcal pineapple passion
- Live music by Heat Latin Jazz Band on the Water Garden Stage
- See the Frida and Her Garden exhibition after hours
- Be among the first to view Mexico as Muse by Isabelle de Borchgrave, a new exhibition in Kapnick Hall
- Spotlight exhibition, ORIGINS: Patricia Cavazos, in Fogg Café
About the Music
Heat Latin Jazz Band is a 7-piece salsa/Latin Jazz group featuring students from Florida Gulf Coast University and Florida Southwestern State College in Fort Myers, Florida. Their music covers a wide variety of traditional Latin music, ranging from salsa classics, Latin jazz and original compositions.
Upcoming Frida After 5 Evening:
Purchase Garden Admission Tickets
Included with Garden admission.
This event supports this year’s theme, Mexico: A Celebration of Plants & Culture, which highlights one of the most biodiverse places on Earth and celebrates cultural connections to the natural world.
Sponsored in part by the State of Florida, Department of State, Division of Arts and Culture, the Florida Council on Arts and Culture, and the National Endowment for the Arts.