Saturday, January 28, 2023, 10am – 2pm
Celebrate art in the Garden! Find inspiration in nature as over a dozen local artists work in the tradition of painting en plein air (“in the open air”). Visitors can ask questions, engage in conversation, and gain insight into a variety of artistic practices. Art-themed family activities will provide a hands-on experience, and aspiring artists of all ages are invited to get creative and make their own piece of plein air art to take home.
Guests may experience the following:
- Interact with over a dozen artists throughout the Garden working en plein air
- Join a special art-themed guided tour (10am, 12pm, 2pm)
- Pick up your own plein air kit, and get creative in the Garden
- View three major special art exhibitions: STICKWORK, La Calavera Catrina, and Frida and Her Garden
- Art-themed family activities and a reading center in Kapnick Hall, including:
• Create a leaf nametag
• Draw a self-portrait inspired by Frida Kahlo, special thanks to C’MON
• Create your own watercolor painting
• Weave a decoration with yarn, sticks, and natural materials
• Design a Frida-inspired self-portrait using pressed leaves and flowers
• Browse through art-themed books for inspiration
• Pick up some paper and colored pencils and get creative in the Garden
Participating artists include: Jill Segal, Linda Thompson, Janice Lutton, Kari LaOrden, Wendy Wagner, Jill Gordon, Danell Lytell, Sandee Mahler, Anika Savage, Misoon Whang, Sir Roland Richardson, and Karen Anne Welsh.
Purchase Garden Admission Tickets
Included with Garden admission
Presented in partnership with the Naples Art District
Sponsored in part by the State of Florida, Department of State, Division of Arts and Culture, the Florida Council on Arts and Culture, and the National Endowment for the Arts.