Don’t toss out that empty carton! This adorable project shows you how to transform it into a bunny-shaped planter — perfect for your Easter table centerpiece.
- Empty milk carton
- Permanent marker
- Acrylic paint
- Plate for paint mixing
- Potting soil
- Plant of your choosing
1. Use permanent marker to draw an outline of a bunny (or other animal friend) on the milk carton.
2. Cut the carton along the outline.
3. Use scissors to make small drainage holes in the bottom of your carton.
4. Paint the entire carton one color.
5. Using different colors of paint, add details like a face and tail.
6. Once the paint has dried, fill the carton with potting soil.
7. Make a small hole for your plant, and place the plant in the hole.
8. Place in appropriate sun conditions, and don’t forget to water!
About the Author
Emily Kless is Education Programs Assistant for Naples Botanical Garden. Although she admits she doesn’t have the greatest green thumb, she loves to get down in the dirt volunteering on a small, local farm, and is proud to say that she typically manages to be more help than harm!