Make the Fogg burger at home
Wednesday, July 01, 2020
If you can’t make it to the Garden to enjoy this mainstay on the Fogg Café menu, well, now you can make it at home!
- Two 3-ounce patties, wagyu or higher fat content ground beef
- 1 bun of choice (Fogg Café uses brioche from Landert Bread in Naples)
- 2 slices American cheese, or other fast-melting cheese
- Boston or bibb lettuce
- Chili mayo:
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek chile pepper paste
- 1 cup mayonnaise (Fogg Café uses Duke’s)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1. Stack tomatoes on pickles, and place bibb lettuce over tomatoes.
- 2. Add butter to skillet or sauté pan.
- 3. Cook patty 2 – 3 minutes; add cheese, and melt.
- 4. Add butter to skillet or sauté pan, and lightly toast the inside of the bun.
- 5. Add chili mayo to inside of both buns.
- 6. Assemble bun, burger, and toppings, and serve.
- 7. Add condiments of your choice, such as jalepeno or avocado. Any other additions like fried onion, red onion, onion straws, mushrooms, or bacon will be great, too.
Total cook time: 2 – 3 minutes
See how it’s prepared
Jack Raben is chef of the Garden’s Fogg Café.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or read the Garden FAQ.