Wednesday, July 01, 2020
If you can’t make it to the Garden to enjoy this mainstay on the Fogg Café menu, well, now you can make it at home!
- Two 3-ounce patties, wagyu or higher fat content ground beef
- 1 bun of choice (Fogg Café uses brioche from Landert Bread in Naples)
- 2 slices American cheese, or other fast-melting cheese
- Boston or bibb lettuce
- Chili mayo:
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek chile pepper paste
- 1 cup mayonnaise (Fogg Café uses Duke’s)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1. Stack tomatoes on pickles, and place bibb lettuce over tomatoes.
- 2. Add butter to skillet or sauté pan.
- 3. Cook patty 2 – 3 minutes; add cheese, and melt.
- 4. Add butter to skillet or sauté pan, and lightly toast the inside of the bun.
- 5. Add chili mayo to inside of both buns.
- 6. Assemble bun, burger, and toppings, and serve.
- 7. Add condiments of your choice, such as jalepeno or avocado. Any other additions like fried onion, red onion, onion straws, mushrooms, or bacon will be great, too.
Total cook time: 2 – 3 minutes
See how it’s prepared
Jack Raben is chef of the Garden’s Fogg Café.