Miso mustard sauce
Tuesday, May 12, 2020
Looking to dress up your next meal? This quick and easy recipe from Fogg Café’s Chef Jack Raben can be used on chicken, fish, and any dish you want to enhance. Just six ingredients is all it takes!
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/3 cup miso paste or more to taste (sodium levels vary)
- 1/4 cup Dijon
For the sauce
- Heat oil, and sweat the shallots.
- Add wine, and reduce by half.
- Add heavy cream, and bring to a simmer.
- Add miso and Dijon, and whisk or blend (this will season and thicken the sauce simultaneously). Note: Miso and mustard should not overpower one or the other, so adjust accordingly.
Reheating tip: Add some heavy cream to prevent breaking.
Jack Raben is chef of the Garden’s Fogg Café.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com, or read the Garden FAQ.