Explore the new rainforest gardens at Naples Botanical Garden with a class focusing on Kathryn’s Garden, which is filled with tropical rainforest plants, and Irma’s Garden, which features unique charismatic plants. This class will begin with a lecture introducing what makes a rainforest and then highlight interesting plants in the Gardens. Then the class will tour the two gardens to see some of the unique plants in Kathryn’s and Irma’s Gardens.
- Thursday, March 24 (registration closes March 21)
- 10 am – 12 pm, FGCU Kapnick Center room 124 at Naples Botanical Garden
- $15 Members / $20 Non-Members
- Limited to 20 participants (requires pre-registration)
Liz Chehayl is the Curator of Collections at Naples Botanical Garden. She has degrees from Washington University and MIT, and is a Florida Certified Horticultural Professional. Her interest in tropical plants dates to 2002 when she moved to Naples and began volunteering at NBG, but she is a lifelong plant enthusiast.
Registration for Lifelong Learning programs can be completed in these ways:
- Register in person at the Chabraja Visitors Center
- For questions or to register by phone call 239.643.7275 during business hours
- Register by email LLL@naplesgarden.org during non-business hours by leaving contact information and the program(s) of interest and someone will return your call within 2 business days
Registration is complete when payment is received. Certain programs fill up quickly and we accept registration on a first come, first served basis. Register early to ensure your program is not cancelled due to low enrollment. If a cancelation is required a refund will be issued.