Explore the lush rainforest gardens at Naples Botanical Garden with a class focusing on Kathryn’s Garden, which is filled with tropical rainforest plants, and Irma’s Garden which features unique, charismatic plants. This class will begin with a lecture introducing what makes a rainforest and then highlight interesting plants in the gardens. Following the lecture, the class will also tour the two gardens to see some of the unique plants in Kathryn’s and Irma’s Gardens.
- Monday, October 3
- 10 am – 12 pm, FGCU Kapnick Center Buehler Auditorium at Naples Botanical Garden
- $15 Members / $20 Non-Members
Liz Chehayl is the Curator of Collections at Naples Botanical Garden. She has degrees from Washington University and MIT, and is a Florida Certified Horticultural Professional. Her interest in tropical plants dates to 2002 when she moved to Naples and began volunteering at Naples Botanical Garden, but she is a lifelong plant enthusiast.
Registration for Lifelong Learning programs can be completed in these ways:
- Register in person at the Chabraja Visitors Center
- For questions or to register by phone call 239.643.7275 during business hours
- Register by email LLL@naplesgarden.org during non-business hours by leaving contact information and the program(s) of interest and someone will return your call within 2 business days
Registration is complete when payment is received. Certain programs fill up quickly and we accept registration on a first come, first served basis. Register early to ensure your program is not cancelled due to low enrollment. If a cancellation is required a refund will be issued.