If you want to get the best pictures possible, and truly understand your camera’s features, this class is for you. This class covers the essentials of your digital camera. You will learn how to use your camera’s shutter, aperture, ISO control, and the drive modes to create images with impact and creativity. No previous camera or photography experience is necessary, just a desire to learn. Sonny Saunders has over 30 years of experience in photography and instruction and is renowned for his ability to communicate to a wide variety of students.
- Wednesday, April 13 (registration closes April 6)
- 9 am – 12 pm, Naples Botanical Garden FGCU Kapnick Center room 124
- $35 Members / $40 Non-Members per class
- Limited to 30 participants (requires pre-registration)
In the early 1970s, Sonny Saunders became involved in photography in Vermilion, Ohio, and purchased his first 35mm camera. Before long, he built his own fully equipped darkroom and was teaching basic photography classes in local camera shops. He fell in love with photojournalism when he had the opportunity to freelance for two local newspapers and took every assignment offered, and was soon selling photographs of local scenes on consignment in local shops. In 1986, he and his wife, Betty, relocated to Naples, Florida. In 2003, after selling his 35-year old U. S. Military Insignia mail order business, he began teaching Basic Digital Photography for the Collier County Public School Adult Education program. In 2004, he co-founded the Naples Digital Photography Club which now has over 280 members and is the second largest photography club in Florida. He is also the past president of the Florida Camera Club Council which now includes of over 50 photography clubs in Florida.
Registration for Lifelong Learning programs can be completed in these ways:
- Register in person at the Chabraja Visitors Center
- For questions or to register by phone call 239.643.7275 during business hours
- Register by email LLL@naplesgarden.org during non-business hours by leaving contact information and the program(s) of interest and someone will return your call within 2 business days
Registration is complete when payment is received. Certain programs fill up quickly and we accept registration on a first come, first served basis. Register early to ensure your program is not cancelled due to low enrollment. If a cancelation is required a refund will be issued.