Don’t miss out on the inaugural Tropical Fruits of the Summer Celebration!
Join us for the first Tropical Fruits of the Summer! In the morning there will be an educational demonstration of fruit tree grafting, pruning, and proper tree planting in the South Grove. Following the demonstration, there will be tropical fruit tasting available in the Scott Florida Garden as well as a tropical fruit food demonstration provided by the Fogg Café. Two private tours, 9am and 11am, will also be available for a more in-depth tropical fruit experience with Brian Galligan, Director of Horticulture. In the afternoon, there will be two tropical fruit lectures by Dr. Zekri and Dr. Crane in Kapnick Hall. Also in Kapnick Hall there will be a magnificent fruit display that will be raffled off in between lectures. Tropical fruit tasting, private tours, and the raffle have an added charge above admission – everything else is included with Garden Admission!
- 9 am & 11 am: Private Tour of the Tropical Fruit Collection with Brian Galligan, Director of Horticulture (*Additional cost: $15 Members/$20 Non-Members)
- 9 am – 10:30 am: South Grove: Grafting, Pruning, and Planting Fruit Trees Demonstrations
- 10 am – 12:30 pm: Karen and Scott Florida Garden: Tropical Fruit Tasting (*Additional cost: $5 Members/$10 Non-Members )
- 11 – 11:30 am: Karen and Scott Florida Garden: Tropical Fruit Food Demonstration with Fogg Café
- 12:30 – 1:30 pm: Kapnick Hall: Lecture with Dr. Mongi Zekri, IFAS Multi-County Citrus Agent IV
- 1:30 – 2 pm: Kapnick Hall: Naming Raffle winner of the Fruit Display (*Additional cost: $5/ticket)
- 2 – 3 pm: Kapnick Hall: Lecture with Dr. Jonathan Crane, IFAS Tropical Fruit Crop Specialist.
Click here for a printable version
This event is included with regular Garden admission.
*Additional fees apply for tropical fruit tastings and tours.
Sponsored in part by the State of Florida, Department of State, Division of Cultural Affairs and the Florida Council on Arts and Culture.
Special thanks to the Collier Fruit Growers!