An elaborate style of lei making is the braided or ‘Wili-style’ lei; this technique – taught here with a surprising twist – will provide you with a rich looking lei to grace your hat, table, or door.
- Thursday, April 6
- 10 am – 12 pm, FGCU Kapnick Center room 124 at Naples Botanical Garden
- $15 Members / $20 Non-Members (limit 12 participants)
Hetty Ford, originally from Holland, has been growing plumeria in her yard in Naples since 2000. She was instrumental in getting the Plumeria Collection at Naples Botanical Garden recognized by the North American Plant Collections Consortium. She has given talks to Garden Clubs around Florida, as well as to the Plumeria Society of America and the Southern California Plumeria Society. Hetty has a plumeria named for her (‘Henriette’) by noted hybridizer Luc Vannoorbeeck.
Registration for Lifelong Learning programs can be completed in these ways:
- Register in person at the Chabraja Visitors Center
- For questions or to register by phone call 239.643.7275 during business hours
- Register by email LLL@naplesgarden.org during non-business hours by leaving contact information and the program(s) of interest and someone will return your call within 2 business days
Registration is complete when payment is received. Certain programs fill up quickly and we accept registration on a first come, first served basis. Register early to ensure your program is not cancelled due to low enrollment. If a cancellation is required a refund will be issued.
Sponsored in part by the State of Florida, Department of State, Division of Cultural Affairs and the Florida Council on Arts and Culture.