Come learn about deliciously healthy snacks you can make at home! Forget the processed foods that surround our everyday lives and start consuming healthy snacks that not only fill you up, but support healthy digestion, produce healthy skin and nails, plus so much more! In class we will taste testing homemade granola, healthy homemade chocolate, and fruit leather. We will also be making a date and nut energy bar and naturally fermented salsa in class for guests to taste and take samples home. Everyone will also leave with a deliciously healthy snacks recipe guide and the confidence to start cooking up some of these amazing alternative snacks for themselves and their families.
- Wednesday, June 22 (registration closes June 17)
- 10am-12pm, FGCU Kapnick Center Buehler Auditorium at Naples Botanical Garden
- $15 Members / $20 Non-Members
- Limited to 30 participants
Briana Marino is a Florida Gulf Coast University alumna, earning her bachelor’s degree in environmental studies in fall 2014. During her studies, Briana lived on a self-sustaining farm, Rancho Margot, through an honors study abroad program. Located in the Arenal region of Costa Rica, Briana found a deep sense of place. Upon return home, she began her own small homestead. Briana is the Garden to Table Program Coordinator at Naples Botanical Garden. This program partners with the Lorenzo Walker Technical College Culinary Program. As an educator, she hopes to foster a sense of place in the local food community and show her students what sustainable purchasing practices look like through hands-on, in-depth field trips. Currently, Briana is working on developing community workshops to educate the public on a variety of farming practices, cooking, and personal wellness.
Registration for Lifelong Learning programs can be completed in these ways:
- Register in person at the Chabraja Visitors Center
- For questions or to register by phone call 239.643.7275 during business hours
- Register by email LLL@naplesgarden.org during non-business hours by leaving contact information and the program(s) of interest and someone will return your call within 2 business days
Registration is complete when payment is received. Certain programs fill up quickly and we accept registration on a first come, first served basis. Register early to ensure your program is not cancelled due to low enrollment. If a cancellation is required a refund will be issued.