Come learn more about Origami and Kevin Box’s sculpture “Folding Planes.” This program will take a closer look at a common theme in Box’s work – the piece of paper’s dream of flying – and discuss how this relates to our own lives. Participants will create an origami paper plane and examine what it means to be in the state of mind of “flow” and how art and playing can get you there. At the end of the program, participants will learn to fly small folded gliders that can be a useful meditation tool to get in the flow.
- Thursday, February 9
- 10 am – 12 pm, FGCU Kapnick Center Buehler Auditorium at Naples Botanical Garden
- $15 Members / $20 Non-Members
Eric Foht is Naples Botanical Garden’s Natural Areas Manager and oversees the Garden’s preserves, hiking trails, and all the Florida native plants. He has been with the Garden since 2009 and enjoys working within the Conservation Department as it allows him to protect and teach about the many amazing plants native to south Florida.
Registration for Lifelong Learning programs can be completed in these ways:
- Register in person at the Chabraja Visitors Center
- For questions or to register by phone call 239.643.7275 during business hours
- Register by email LLL@naplesgarden.org during non-business hours by leaving contact information and the program(s) of interest and someone will return your call within 2 business days
Registration is complete when payment is received. Certain programs fill up quickly and we accept registration on a first come, first served basis. Register early to ensure your program is not cancelled due to low enrollment. If a cancellation is required a refund will be issued.
Sponsored in part by the State of Florida, Department of State, Division of Cultural Affairs and the Florida Council on Arts and Culture.