Butterfly photography is about getting the right background, the right light, and the right angle. Dr. Christine Cook will talk about Depth of Field for those of you who can set it. She will take you into the Pfeffer-Beach Butterfly House when the butterflies are not yet very active, thereby increasing the chances of getting a great shot. Bring whatever camera you have and/or macro and zoom lenses, it you have them. Tripods are not allowed.
- Tuesday, December 6 (deadline to register is December 2)
- 8 – 10:30 am, Naples Botanical Garden FGCU Kapnick Center room 123
- $35 Member / $40 Non-Members (limited to 12 participants)
Dr. Christine Cook is a photographer, Florida Master Naturalist, and educator. Her images garner local, statewide and international attention. Her image “Retreat” recently won Best in Competition in an international competition. Her personal vision is driven by an interest in capturing emotion and mood within various settings such as landscapes, close-ups, and street scenes. She also enjoys being artistically creative with photographic and post-processing techniques. As a Florida Master Naturalist, her knowledge of the natural environment enhances the photographic experience and the results.
Registration for Lifelong Learning programs can be completed in these ways:
- Register in person at the Chabraja Visitors Center
- For questions or to register by phone call 239.643.7275 during business hours
- Register by email LLL@naplesgarden.org during non-business hours by leaving contact information and the program(s) of interest and someone will return your call within 2 business days
Registration is complete when payment is received. Certain programs fill up quickly and we accept registration on a first come, first served basis. Register early to ensure your program is not cancelled due to low enrollment. If a cancellation is required a refund will be issued.