This is a photography class focusing on reading natural light to make better pictures. Taking great pictures outside necessitates having the proper light on the subject. This class will help you read the light and augment the light when necessary. There is a lecture and a practical portion to this workshop. Bring your camera and notepad.
- Tuesday, February 21
- 8 – 10:30 am, FGCU Kapnick Center room 124 at Naples Botanical Garden
- $35 Members / $40 Non-Members (limit 12 participants)
Dr. Christine Cook is a photographer, Florida Master Naturalist, and educator. Her images garner local, statewide, and international attention. Her image “Retreat” recently won Best in Competition in an international competition. Her personal vision is driven by an interest in capturing emotion and mood within various settings such as landscapes, close-ups, and street scenes. She also enjoys being artistically creative with photographic and post-processing techniques. As a Florida Master Naturalist, her knowledge of the natural environment enhances the photographic experience and the results.
Registration for Lifelong Learning programs can be completed in these ways:
- Register in person at the Chabraja Visitors Center
- For questions or to register by phone call 239.643.7275 during business hours
- Register by email LLL@naplesgarden.org during non-business hours by leaving contact information and the program(s) of interest and someone will return your call within 2 business days
Registration is complete when payment is received. Certain programs fill up quickly and we accept registration on a first come, first served basis. Register early to ensure your program is not cancelled due to low enrollment. If a cancellation is required a refund will be issued.
Sponsored in part by the State of Florida, Department of State, Division of Cultural Affairs and the Florida Council on Arts and Culture.