Come and learn the basics of Sogetsu Ikebana. Participants will learn about this school of Ikebana, have a demo, and then create their own masterpiece to take home. This should be fun for all!
- Friday, March 25 (registration closes March 18)
- 2 – 4 pm, FGCU Kapnick Center Buehler Auditorium at Naples Botanical Garden
- $35 members / $40 Non-Members
- Limited to 15 participants (requires pre-registration)
Having grown up in southern California and as an art major in college, Carol is a long-time lover of Japanese arts and crafts. Her travels took her to other places and her interest in art continued in many fields. But Naples, Florida, a favorite winter vacation spot and having an Ikebana International Chapter, drew her attention when it was time to retire. She soon began lessons in the Sogetsu School with her sensei Diane Leone. Little did she know that she would become a teacher of the school! Her lessons continued with Sensei Mihori and she continues to study as well as teach in Naples. The Sogetsu School allows the creative mind to expand on this beautiful Japanese art. Her students find their creativity expands with these beautiful flowers and branches.
Registration for Lifelong Learning programs can be completed in these ways:
- Register in person at the Chabraja Visitors Center
- For questions or to register by phone call 239.643.7275 during business hours
- Register by email LLL@naplesgarden.org during non-business hours by leaving contact information and the program(s) of interest and someone will return your call within 2 business days
Registration is complete when payment is received. Certain programs fill up quickly and we accept registration on a first come, first served basis. Register early to ensure your program is not cancelled due to low enrollment. If a cancelation is required a refund will be issued.