Join Karen McNeil as she guides participants through a practical approach to well-being and gives practical tools for maintaining independence. Karen will also teach how to safely and confidently get up and down on the floor and improve posture alignment and balance. We will explore how to relax and breathe as participants integrate these techniques into their daily lifestyle.
- Wednesday, June 7
- 10 – 11:30 am, FGCU Kapnick Center Buehler Auditorium at Naples Botanical Garden
- $35 Members/ $40 Non-Members (limit 20)
Karen (Atkin) McNeil, RYT founded “Yoga and the Living Arts” in Grand Ledge, Michigan. She is a certified Kripalu Yoga Teacher, member of Yoga Alliance, has been practicing yoga for 30 years, and teaching yoga since 1990. Her professional training and continuing study has been at the Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health in Lenox, Massachusetts. Karen is certified and trained in Tai Chi with Dr. Paul Lam. As a full time resident, Karen started “Yoga One to One” in Naples and has been teaching Yoga, Tai Chi, and Qigong here since 2005. Her company offers private and semi-private sessions as well as small group sessions in various communities throughout Naples.
Registration for Lifelong Learning programs can be completed in these ways:
- Register in person at the Chabraja Visitors Center
- For questions or to register by phone call 239.643.7275 during business hours
- Register by email LLL@naplesgarden.org during non-business hours by leaving contact information and the program(s) of interest and someone will return your call within 2 business days
Registration is complete when payment is received. Certain programs fill up quickly and we accept registration on a first come, first served basis. Register early to ensure your program is not cancelled due to low enrollment. If a cancellation is required a refund will be issued.
Sponsored in part by the State of Florida, Department of State, Division of Cultural Affairs and the Florida Council on Arts and Culture.