What will your Garden legacy be?
By including Naples Botanical Garden in your will, trust, and other estate plans, you are creating an investment of a lifetime, and ensuring the Garden’s educational opportunities, high quality exhibits, and conservation initiatives will be offered in your community for generations to come. For expected estate gifts of $100,000 or higher, please ask us about permanent naming opportunities.
Celebrate the Garden’s Future
We are grateful for your interest in the Perennial Legacy Society. The Society is comprised of individuals like yourself who believe in the positive and powerful impact of Naples Botanical Garden throughout our community.
If you have already included the Garden as a beneficiary in your will, trust, retirement account or other estate plan, please share the good news! We would like to thank you appropriately and invite you to Perennial Legacy sponsored events, such as cocktail parties or informative lectures.
To notify us of your gift intent, or to discuss a planned gift, please contact Rhea Merrill at 239.571.3806 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Through your estate or planned gift, you can say a very generous and tangible “yes” to creating a dynamic future for Naples Botanical Garden.
- Your estate may qualify for a tax deduction when it fulfills your bequest.
- You will keep control over your assets should you need them during your lifetime.
- You will retain the flexibility to modify your gift anytime, should your circumstances or desires change.
- You will become a member of our Perennial Legacy Society.
- The impact of your gift will continue in perpetuity if left to endowment.
- You will make a gift to Naples Botanical Garden that may be larger than any gift you could make during your lifetime.
- You can instruct how the funds will be used.
What to Give
- Gifts of Stock and Bonds
- Retirement Assets (IRA, 401k, 403b, pension, or other tax deferred plan)
- Life Insurance Policies
Ways to Give
- Bequests – You designate our organization as the beneficiary of your asset by will, trust, or beneficiary designation form.
- IRA Charitable Rollover – Gifts from your IRA are a smart way to support the Garden, and may have significant, additional tax benefits depending on current legislation.
- Charitable Remainder Unitrust and Charitable Remainder Annuity Trust – You transfer your cash or appreciated property to fund a charitable remainder unitrust or annuity trust. The trust sells your property tax free and provides you with income for life or a term of years.
- Charitable Lead Trust – You fund a trust that makes gifts to us for a number of years. Your family receives the trust remainder at substantial tax savings.
Ways You Can Define the Amount of Your Bequest
- A gift of a particular amount of money (e.g., $250,000).
- A gift of a specific item or items (e.g., 1,000 shares of ABC Corporation).
- A gift that will be made from the remainder of your estate once all other bequests, debts, and taxes have been paid (e.g., you give 25% of the rest, residue, and remainder of your estate). Often called a “residuary bequest,” this approach assures that your family and debts will be taken care of before your estate makes a bequest to Naples Botanical Garden.
To name the Garden as a beneficiary, please designate your gift as follows
Legal Name: Naples Botanical Garden, Inc.
Federal Tax ID: #65-0511429
Notifying us of your intended gift will allow the Garden to honor your wishes and help you ensure that your gift makes the biggest impact possible. Kindly notify the Garden of your intentions by contacting:
Director of Development
Naples Botanical Garden
4820 Bayshore Drive
Naples, FL 34112
239.571.3806 or email@example.com
Please consult your tax and financial advisor. Naples Botanical Garden does not provide tax or investment advice.